Sunday, October 11, 2009

A little something I wrote for bizMe.biz while I was in London

By: Anna Medeiros

Last month I took a trip to London. I was there for a few reasons; London Fashion Week, see what Londoners are wearing on the streets and to visit some friends. If you’re anything like me and fashion is your passion, it’s always a good idea to spend time in other cities. I find that I might get new ideas. While fashion is an expression of oneself, we are not all artists and for some, people express themselves in other ways . . . The beauty of London and the fashionistas that walk about town is their ability to express themselves through fashion. Some people may find the eccentricity of Londoners fashion a bit over the top; I on the other hand find it inspiring.

One look that I found to be a constant throughout my week-long stay in London is the ultra mini skirt, dress and even a shirt used as a dress. If the ultra mini hasn’t already made a comeback in the U.S., I imagine it will not be long before the fashions translate and cross the pond.

If you’re not sure about bringing back the ultra mini and showing a little extra thigh, here are some looks for you that I captured from London (and here in the states from our Wardrobe Stylist, Naomi Pita) that are edgy, classic and casual. You can do the mini for a fun evening cocktail party, a formal event and even to work.




No comments: